top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I pay my rent?

Rent is due on the 1st of each month, a 10% late fee will be charged on the 5th at 5:00 pm.

Checks and money orders are payable to Jakobson Management Company, LLC

Online rent payments can be submitted via our website: - Login information will be emailed upon move-in. A $2.95 charge will be applied to ACH, and 3% for debit/credit cards.

We do NOT accept cash.

How to place maintenance requests?

Any maintenance requests can be submitted via our website:, or via phone call (269) 978-8877 Ext. 2. After hours emergency maintenance #: 1-269-370-3558

What is considered an emergency?

A major water leak, furnace failure, fire, and tenant locked out are all considered emergencies. Please contact the Emergency Maintenance phone (269)370-3558 if any of these circumstances arise. 

What do I do if I get locked out of my apartment?

When locked out, a tenant may come into the office during business hours and purchase an additional key (if available) for $5.00. If we have to send someone to unlock premises during business hours a $75.00 fee will be charged- after-hours (5 PM - 9AM, Monday thru Friday/anytime on a weekend), up to a $200 fee can be charged. After-hours, a tenant may contact a locksmith at their own expense. 

Please note: Tenant must show ID to prove that they are on the lease before receiving a key/being let into the building. 

What if something is damaged when I moved in?

We provide inventory checklists for you to go over each room thoroughly once you move-in. Please return these to us within 7 days of your move-in. We will make any necessary repairs as quickly as possible.

Can I get a pet?

Most of our properties are pet friendly but NOT all of them so please contact us before adopting any pets. For our pet friendly properties, we allow up to 2 pets per unit, dogs must be under 45 lbs. 

A nonrefundable fee of $300 for one pet and $450 for two will be charged, as well as a monthly pet rent of $25 for dogs and $50 for cats. Any tenants with an unauthorized pet will be charged a fee of $500.

Can I paint or make other alterations to my unit?

Any alterations MUST be approved by the property manager by submitting a request in writing or via email. 

Can I  sublease my room or apartment?

Although we do not allow subleasing, we are able to add another tenant to the lease. All tenants are on the lease as joint and several tenants. 

Can I  use a window unit Air Conditioner?

Permission must be obtained in writing from the property manager for use of a personal air conditioning unit. For rental units where landlord supplies electricity, a $30 per month charge will apply for each window AC unit. 

If something happens to my personal property, who is responsible?

We are not responsible for any personal property. This is covered by the tenant’s renters insurance, which is highly recommended. In case of fire, flooding or burglary, it is our recommendation that you carry renter’s insurance. It is very affordable (around $10-$20 per month) and will cover all of your property within the building.


2019 Best Renters Insurance

How do I get my security deposit back?

We return deposits within 30 days of your last day of tenancy. Please leave a written forwarding address for us so that we can send it to you – this must be provided within 4 days of moving out. Please be sure to have the home/apt clean and free of ANY furniture or personal property. This includes garbage, clothing, kitchen supplies, boxes etc. We perform a move-out evaluation and send the security deposit back with a notice of damages as long as we have a forwarding address.

bottom of page